Recently Celebrity has run a number of "1,2,3 Go!" promotions which, depending on which cruise you take and in what category you would receive your choice of a Classic (Alcoholic) Beverage Package, Pre-Paid Gratuities and/or an Onboard Credit of up to $300. Essentially the higher the category and longer or more expensive the cruise you could receive 1, 2 or all 3 of these amenities.
It is, for the consumer, very simple. There are four (4) amenities:
- Classic (Alcoholic) Beverage Package - All standard bar drinks and specific beers and wines are included in your cruise fare
- Prepaid Gratuities
- Unlimited Internet
- Onboard Credit (which varies by sailing, with longer and more expensive sailings having higher OBCs)
- Go Big - You choose one of the amenities
- Go Better - You choose two of the amenities
- Go Best - You get all four amenities...and the Classic Beverage Package is upgrade to a Premium Beverage Package
(There are just a few exceptions: If you book an Inside stateroom you will not receive any of the amenities. It does not apply to any repositioning or transoceanic, South American repositioning or Xpedition sailings.)
This pricing structure (remember it is not a promotion to be asked for, but a number of fares to choose from) allows you to pay for what you want in advance and not pay for things you won't really use.
- Need to stay connected, but don't drink - Gottcha!
- Want to party and disconnect from the world? - Gottcha!
- Don't want to keep pulling out your card, but you don't really drink much? - Gottcha too!
- Looking for a more luxury-like inclusive experience - Gottcha as well!
On the other hand, I do need to mention that on Cruise Critic (where else?) the spin by some has been that this new pricing structure is a bad thing because you cannot book a stateroom without an amenity. Huh? Unless you plan on stiffing the staff of their gratuities (and they most certainly earn them!), take the prepaid gratuities and be done with it. Want to compare pricing before the new fare structure and after? I can pretty much assure you that the prices will be a bit higher because you are paying for the amenities and, of course, if you booked your cruise six months ago you pricing would probably be lower anyway.
|Celebrity Cruises Murano Restaurant|
Celebrity Cruises got it right...again!
Interested in a Celebrity Cruise? Call me:
United States: (877) 2GO-LUXURY
United Kingdom: 020 8133 3450
Australia: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 732 578 8585
Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org