Oceania Cruises has, at least in the U.S., had a "Never on Sale" policy. Combine that with some of the strictest penalty and cancellation policies in the business....with all cruises over 20 days having to be paid in full 180 days prior to sailing...and an absolute inability for travel agents to discount the cruise fare...only allowing added amenities (Read: Oceania Cruises - A Little Less Consumer Friendly. Why? And What's The Good News?) and it clearly has built up a good bit of market-resistance.
Up until now what Oceania would do is offer passengers already booked deals if they also purchased the cruise immediately prior to or after the one they are booked on. Or they would offer to move passengers over to slower selling cruises in a higher category or a longer itinerary at the same price. Technically, I guess, it is not violation of the "Never on Sale" policy, but it most certainly is an endorsement of a heavy discounting policy so long as it is done by itself and not travel agents.
Today Oceania Cruises has announced that it is having a "Sale"...and it is calling it a "Sale". From now until May 31st, if you book any of the nine cruises below you will receive a $500 Onboard Credit, Unlimited Internet, Pre-Paid Gratuities and "Free" Airfare:
- August 16, 2013 - Riviera - Istanbul to Rome (12 days)
- September 29, 2013 - Riviera - Lisbon to Monte Carlo (12 days)
- October 25, 2013 - Riviera - Venice to Istanbul (12 days)
- November 6, 2013 - Riviera - Istanbul to Barcelona (12 days)
- October 29, 2013 - Marina - Venice to Barcelona (12 days)
- November 10, 2013 - Marina - Barcelona to Barcelona (10 days)
- December 8, 2013 - Marina (Rio de Janeiro to Valparaiso (20 days)
- December 28, 2013 - Marina (Valparaiso to Papeete (18 days)
- August 22, 2013 - Regatta - San Francisco to New York (21 days)
- November 4, 2013 - Nautica - Barcelona to Barcelona (10 days)
If you are interested in of these sailings - especially in the lower categories of any stateroom type (Concierge, Penthouse, etc.) I would urge you to book these NOW as I am confident the best staterooms and suites will go quickly on these previously slow selling sailings. (Oh, the deposit has been cut in half too).
So give Goldring Travel a call or drop me an email.