Well, as people are finding out (quite a few to their disappointment) waiting is not a good thing. Why? Because even though I will always adjust your fare lower if you or I find out there is a price reduction before your final payment without any cost or fee to you, some people insist on waiting...and then are finding either their cruise is sold out or they have to purchase a more expensive suite than they really wanted, so it cost them more in the long run.
So with the Seabourn Sojourn World Cruise getting underway in January 2011, I wanted to find a way to encourage those who might be of the same mind and encourage them to book now.
I am, therefore, offering you a discount of more than 5% (possibly more than 10%) on a Full World Cruise or any World Cruise Segment. The amount of my direct discount to you is based upon the length of your cruise and the category you book, so you may find that booking in a higher category costs you the same as booking in a lower one.
But simply because I will provide you with a significant discount doesn't mean that I will shortcut on my service or the "little extras" (and not so little extras). You will receive complimentary Ensemble Experiences (detailed below) and complimentary travel guides on some of the places you will be visiting. Of course, these savings are over and above the Seabourn onboard credits of up to $3,500 per person!
Don't believe it can be "that good"? Read what one of my clients on the Seabourn Odyssey Full World Cruise wrote:
Departing from Los Angeles, California on January 5, 2011 its first stop will be the Marquesas and French Polynesia followed by New Zealand and Australia...but this time Seabourn will be taking a southern and western route, after ending its first segment in Sydney. The Seabourn Sojourn's second segment calls on Melbourne and then will be visiting Adelaide and Fremantle before heading north to Indonesia, Malaysia and Hong Kong. The third segment consists of Viet Nam, Cambodia, Thailand ending in Singapore. From Singapore, the Seabourn Sojourn's fourth segment cruises to different ports in Malaysia and Thailand before heading to India and then Dubai. From Dubai the fifth segment cruises to Oman, Egypt, Jordan and Israel followed by port calls in Crete, Greece and Sorrento, Italy before arriving in Rome. The final leg is a very familiar cruise from Rome to Southampton, England with calls in Spain, Portugal and 2 1/2 days in Bordeaux, France, ending on April 27, 2011.
To assist you in seeing what Complimentary Events are going to be part of the Seabourn Sojourn World Cruise I have put together this color-coded list.
World Cruise Events (For guests sailing on voyages of 99 – 111 days)
Complimentary Seabourn Shore Experiences (For guests on all voyages)
Ensemble Experiences (For guests booking with Goldring Travel) [Note: The events are still being finalized, but my clients aboard the Seabourn Odyssey World Cruise all told me the quality of the Ensemble Travel events was even better than the Seabourn events.]
Jan 13 NUKU HIVA, MARQUESAS ISLANDS
Jan 15 PAPEETE - Tahiti South Seas Spectacular. Enjoy an evening filled with Polynesian warriors, candlelit tropical gardens and an enchanting performance of South Pacific song and dance.
Jan 25 - 25 AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
Jan 28 AKAROA, NEW ZEALAND - French Afternoon in Akaroa. Experience the Gallic charm, wander through market stalls, sample a selection of Canterbury wines, and enjoy the circus performers, mimes, and musicians.
Feb 8 MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - Evening of Cultural Delights. The mansion at Werribee Park will delight your senses with impressive rooms, a delectable three-course dinner and an exclusive performance by some of Australia’s finest musicians, actors, and opera singers.
Feb 18 PADANG BAY, BALI - Dinner at Samuan Tiga Temple. This 10th century sacred site will enchant you with the villagers clad in traditional costumes, a gamelan orchestra, dancing, cocktails, and
a customary Balinese dinner.
Feb 18 PADANG BAY, BALI (Subject to change)
Mar 4 HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM - A Cultural Evening In Saigon. At the famous Rex Hotel enjoy the sweeping view of the city from the rooftop terrace, followed by a special performance of Vietnamese music and dance.
Mar 4 HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM (Subject to change)
Mar 12 SINGAPORE - Sky-High Reception on the Singapore Flyer. Get a visual 360º panorama of Singapore’s iconic landmarks from the world’s largest observation wheel and enjoy hors d’oeuvres and wine
as the sun sets over Singapore.
Mar 19 COCHIN, INDIA - Kerala Cultural Experience. Visit authentic Kerala on the unspoiled and uninhabited Gundu Island. Taste Kerala’s coconut-influenced cuisine and enjoy mime and classical Indian dance performances.
Mar 25 DUBAI
Mar 26 DUBAI - Arabian Nights Adventure. Experience an Arabian campsite: smell the aroma of exotic spices, have a traditional henna design applied, and enjoy a delightful dinner and lively belly-dance performance.
Apr 7 SHARM EL-SHEIKH, EGYPT - Tea In The Bedouin Desert. Imagine yourself Lawrence of Arabia as you are greeted with a colorful, folkloric parade, enjoy tea in the Bedouin desert and watch Bedouin dancing in the mountains of the Sinai.
Apr 19 CARTAGENA, SPAIN - Cartagena Discovery. Enjoy a scenic drive along the harbor promenade Paseo de Alfonso XII on your way to La Unión, a historic district. At Plaza del Mercado, have cocktails and tapas, plus a thrilling flamenco dance performance.
Apr 21 LISBON, PORTUGAL
Apr 23 BORDEAUX, FRANCE - Historic Bordeaux Château Visit And Dinner. A scenic drive to Médoc vineyards, a visit to the historical Château Kirwan, a guided tour of the vat and barrel cellars, an aperitif tasting, and, of course, a gourmet dinner with plenty of wine.
For more specifics please click on this link for a beautiful eight page brochure:
If all of the complimentary excursions and experiences are not enough to enrich you and keep your mind stimulated, Seabourn has recently announced an exceptional schedule of Guest Lecturers:
Onboard during segment voyage from Los Angeles to Sydney, Jan 5 – Feb 6:
• George Losey, Jr. – historian, marine biologist and expert in South Pacific history, culture and marine life.
• Mimi Shapiro – artist and instructor, who will teach guests how to create a unique travel journal, mixing narrative with art, photography and objects.
• David Frazier and Joe Garry – Theater veterans who have collaborated for the past 35 years. Frazier has performed more than 150 leading roles, while Garry has directed hundreds of plays and musicals.
• Thomson Smillie –author and opera historian who has worked most of his life for opera companies, including the Scottish Opera, Wexford Festival in Ireland, the Opera Company of Boston, and the Kentucky Opera in Louisville.
• Dr. Roy Willis – world historian and avid global traveler, Dr. Willis is a former history professor at the University of California, Davis, who has received numerous prestigious awards and fellowships for his scholarly works.
Onboard during segment voyage from Sydney to Hong Kong, Feb 6 – 26:
• Alan Patching – one of Australia’s internationally recognized leaders, Patching has been described as the Australian project and business leadership guru. He is best known as Chief Executive Officer of the entity that owned Sydney’s Olympic Stadium, and he is also an expert on Australia’s history.
• John Stainton – Australian film producer and director of documentaries and The Crocodile Hunter television series for his close friend, the late Australian naturalist Steve Irwin.
• Rick McKay – multiple award-winning producer, director, writer and cinematographer of the hit film Broadway: The Golden Age.
• Lawrence Blair – documentary filmmaker who co-produced the internationally-acclaimed and Emmy Award-nominated BBC/PBS television series Ring of Fire, highlighting his 10-year exploration of Indonesia.
Onboard during segment voyage from Hong Kong to Singapore, Feb 26–March 12
• Sherry Lansing – first woman to head a Hollywood film studio, 20th Century Fox; responsible for blockbuster hits such as Forrest Gump, Braveheart, Titanic, and founder of the Sherry Lansing Foundation, which supports cancer research and other philanthropic projects. Lansing was awarded an Oscar for her humanitarian work.
• Pang Eng Fong — former Singapore Ambassador to U.K., Ireland, Belgium and the European Union, South Korea, and Mongolia. Dr. Pang is an author and professor at Singapore Management University, and former professor at the National University of Singapore, Columbia University and University of Michigan.
Onboard during segment voyage from Singapore to Dubai, March 12 – 26
• Daniel Silke – an independent political analyst with a special interest in political parties and elections, and a renowned Futurist lecturing widely on globalization and the future of the world.
• Hugh Thomson – a writer and filmmaker, who has produced numerous documentaries exploring different regions around the world, including Machu Picchu, the Himalayas, India and many more.
• Bruce Riedel – a Senior Fellow in foreign policy at the Saban Center for Middle East Policy of the Brookings Institution; a former CIA analyst, counter-terrorism expert, and author.
Onboard during segment voyage from Dubai to Rome, March 26 – April 15:
• Ambassador Adrian Sindall – Former British diplomat and Ambassador to Syria and British High Commissioner to Brunei.
• Rick Senat – film historian, and founder and director of the London Film Museum.
Onboard during segment voyage from Rome to London, April 15 – April 27:
• Caroline Boyle-Turner – founder of the Pont-Aven School of Contemporary Art, historian and author on European art of the 19th and 20th centuries.
• Carol Thatcher – British journalist, author, media personality, and daughter of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
• Gael Greene – legendary American restaurant critic and co-founder and board chair of the culinary charity Citymeals-on-Wheels.
As one of the top sellers of Seabourn cruises in the World (and a multi-year member of its prestigious Pinnacle Club), I can assure you the ultimate in service not only before your cruise, but during and after it. That is why my motto remains, "Be Treated By Your Travel Agent As You Will Be Onboard!"
If you have any questions or would like to book your Full World Cruise or World Cruise Segments, please call me at (877) 2GO-LUXURY or +1 732-383-7398 or email me at email@example.com.